Urban Debate In The News
Featured Stories | Most Recent | Archives
Most Recent Stories
- Denver Westword News. These Manual students are a good argument in favor of Denver's Urban Debate League
- Trib Local. Niles West Debate Team Wins Two Tournaments in One Weekend
- Washington Post. A profile on Ignacio Evans, a Baltimore UDL debater who evercame the odds through debate. A followup on an earlier Washington Post story about the Baltimore UDL titled "Finding their Voices."
- The 2010 Urban Debate National Champions from Whitney Young, Misael and Kevin, have had their accomplishments reported by several local media organizations, including WGN, Univision and WTTW.
- CNN. Profile of two Atlanta UDL debate "geniuses."
- The Houston Chronicle. Houston Independent School District revives debate program.
- What Kids Can Do. How Debate Sharpens Thinking.
- WCTV. Tribute to Vincent Binder and recognizes the NAUDL's Binder Memorial Fund.
- Denver Public Schools. Over 100 Student Prepare to Debate at the Baker Hostetler Classic.
- The Newark Star-Ledger. There's no debating the value of academic debating.
- Talk Up APS. Grady speech/debate champ Michael Barlow meets President Obama.
- Rutgers Today. Champion Newark Student Debater, Rutgers University Vice Chancellor Marcia Brown Meet President Obama in The Oval Office.
- WTTW: Chicago Tonight. Interview with Urban Debate and NFL National Champions, Kevin Hirn and Misael Gonzalez, of Whitney Young High School.
- The City Paper. Nashville Debate kicks off in public, charter schools.
- Univision Chicago. Es El Momento de educarlos: Estudiantes de Whitney Young se llevaron un gran honor [Univision profiles Whitney Young debaters].
- Chicago International Charter Schools Focal Point. Who's Up for Debate? CICS Northtown’s debate club proves that hard work and commitment really do pay off.
- The Detroit News. Debate team rights the lives of 2 Detroit teens.
- Memphis Daily News. Summer Debate Institute Announced for Students.
- AFRO: The Afro-American Newspapers. McKinley Reigns Supreme at Citywide Debates.
- WGCL-TV, CBS Atlanta. Leaders Celebrate Anniversary Of Urban Debate: Debate Program With Roots In Atlanta Now In 25 Cities.
- Seattle Post Intelligencer. The debate stylings of Graham Clark: Queen Anne teen tops debate at Nathan Hale.
- WNG-TV. Debatable: The Art of High School Debate - Whitney Young Policy Debate Team Goes to Nationals.
- Oakland Unified School District. OUSD Debaters Make Mark at Nationals.
- Houston Independent School District. Houston Urban Debate League earns high honors at NAUDL National Championship.
- Education Week. N.J. students and debaters demonstrate leadership and civic participation by protesting education budget cuts.
- Atlanta Public Schools. APS Superintendent Dr. Beverly L. Hall points to the success of the Atlanta UDL as the perfect example of a community partnership.
- Denver Post. Urban Debate Sharpens Learning Skills for College-bound Students.
- Memphis Commercial Appeal. Study: Students on Debate Teams Improve Academically.
- Detroit Free Press. "The Great Debaters".
- Boston Neighborhood Network News. Debate Team Makes Gains for Students.
- Wicked Local. Students Who Participate in Debate Do Better in School.
- The Grio. Debate Teams Help Black Students Find Their Voice.
- Houston Independent School District. New Research Finds Debate Programs in Low-Performing Schools Raise Graduation Rates and Improve College Readiness.
- Denver Public Schools. Study: Debate Teams Help Students Achieve Academically.
- East Boston Times-Free Press. Study: There's No Arguing the Benefits of Debate Teams.
- The Suffolk Voice. Debating a Way to a Brighter Future.
- Journalist Ashley Williams. The Los Angeles Urban Debate League.
Back to the top